yo

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by 9550, Jun 28, 2012.

1. 9550

9550 Private E-2

hey
    new here ldo

i dont have any apparent problems at the moment, but im trying to figure out what i should be doing and what software i should have to keep things running smoothly.

not sure exactly how to go about it however. best thing i can do i guess is list what im using here, and have somebody yell at me that i posted in the wrong place, and thenget told where to post :)

this is what i have running/use on a regular basis (with windows 7):
    avira free antivirus
    advanced system care 5
    ccleaner
    iobit malware fighter

i just installed zone alarm free

now, what i dont know is if i have redundancy, if theyre incompatable with each other, or if theyre incompatable with any windows programs (defender, whatever), or if im missing anything obvious

so, again, hi.
    if anybody wants to point me in the right direction, i would appreciate it. i would love to be able to know wtf im doing and be able to help others some day
    thanks!

2. 9550

9550 Private E-2

hmm, i cant figure out where to get started, and i cant send any private messages to ask.
    doesnt appear theres very much traffic around here?

can anybody get me going in the right direction? please?:cool
    thanks!

3. lbmest

lbmest MajorGeek

Hi 9550 and welcome to MGs.

Post up your question in the software forum about specific programs and their interactions. I'm not a software wiz but I don't believe you would have any problems with your set up.
    The welcome forum does not get too much traffic from the geeks onsite but you will definitely get a response in the Software.

Take a look at these guides and see if that will help you out also -
    How to Setup or Optimize That New Computer
    Top Freeware Picks

4. 9550

9550 Private E-2

thanks brother

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds