Batch size image editing

Discussion in 'Software' started by got2run, Jan 23, 2009.

1. got2run

got2run Private E-2

I want to change the size of multiple images at once to a quality for websites. Does anyone know of a good FREE program for this? Pls include link to download. ty

2. oma

oma MajorGeek

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Two options are:

1. As a small alternative and if your using XP, grab yourself Microsoft Windows XP PowerToys install the Image Resizer toy and all you need to do now is to select the images you wish to resize ( either drag a box around all images or use CTRL click to select various ones )

Then right click one of the selected and from the rightclick context menu select Resize, you get this menu

[​IMG]

choose from the list of custom to create your own size, this method also leave the originals intact, so long as you untick the bottom option of Dont create copies .

2. XnView only as its a fav of mine, didnt mention it when this thread was new as I thought of quick and easy.

But this one also as some of us know already does batch conversions so if your wanting to add a few to a post then this is great for that,

Just highlight either 1 or many images as highlighted below

[​IMG]

Then right click any of the highlighted images and choose Batch Conversion ( or CTRL+U ) then in the image below you can specify an output directory for these images, say a temp internet/forum folder ( *best to do this to not overwrite the originals ) by clicking the [...] in the circled area or type in the same area the path to the folder if known.

[​IMG]

Then click Transformations Tab and choose in the menus Image (1) > Resize (2) > Add (3) > click Resize (4) in the right top box highlighted in blue > click the >> (5) and this option allows you to choose a size from the set list or a custom one.

[​IMG]

once you have chosen your size click GO and the images will be converted and copied to the new folder.

4. peterpan8

peterpan8 Private E-2

I use Irfanview for photo conversion (bitmap to jpeg) and resizing. While I'm usually not doing a whole batch, I see it does have that capability. Irfanview is available free here at Major Geeks: http://majorgeeks.com/IrfanView_d4253.html

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds