Gigaware USB Wrap-Around headset not working in Steam© games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Metallica4eva, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Metallica4eva

Metallica4eva Private E-2

I got a new Gigaware Wrap-Around Headset, that works in everything else, but not in games on Steam. It says it does not need drivers on the package, it is the thing set to voice recording and playback, and audio playback in the control panel. It is not working when I do the voice check thing in a game. I read a little online, and I think the computer is switching the input to another device when I enter a server in the game...how would I fix that.

2. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Welcome to the forum:) With the headphones connected go into control panel,sound,recording and disable all microphone recording devices but your USB headphones and set your usb headphones as the default communication device.

If this doesn't work it could be problem specific to steam so I would check their support forums also.

Post your operating system.

3. Metallica4eva

Metallica4eva Private E-2

How would I disable them? All I have is Realtek HD Audio Input and C-Media USB Headphone Set for the voice and audio tab.... :)

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Disable Realtek HD audio input,set C-media headphones set a default communication device.

Post your operating system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds