One way to protest Valentine's day

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by belashti, Feb 15, 2009.

1. belashti

belashti Corporal

2. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

people protest anything these days.

3. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

ahh its just so commercial isn't it? Who needs to go out and spend £20 on roses and another £5 on a card just to say "I love you" :-D if i was given a beer and a tulip i'd be just as chuffed

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  4. augiedoggie

augiedoggie The Canadian Loon - LocoAugie (R.I.P. 2012)

Well, I gave my gf some 'bling' on Saturday, a ring I made from aluminium foil and a custom made card which I printed up(I'm not good with graphics). I then took the money saved and bought a couple of expensive rib-eye AAA beef steaks with good fixings, some good Scotch and dark choco. It was good day.;) (Mind you, she would have loved the thought of expensive though useless gifts but would have killed me for wasting money if I had bought a real cheap ring, as these things go, or flowers.) :-D

5. abz1nthe

abz1nthe Command Sergeant Major

lol I wish all women were like that :p

6. KingSteve

KingSteve MajorGeek

i know, right? man we live in the wrong country.

7. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

POOR DONKEY!!!
    Being an ex florist, Valentine's Day and Mother's Day are the two holidays each year that pull you along financially the rest of the year, they are killers too. You work past midnight then start all over around 6 the next day, the same with weddings.

@ augie, aw, how sweet, hand made bling is the best.
    @ em, your just special

8. Kestrel13!

Kestrel13! Super Malware Fighter - Major Dilemma Staff Member

Awww Thanks Darlene :-D

9. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

Red paint and a sheet 40 dinar,a donkey from your local donkey emporium 80 dinar.

Protesting Valentines day Priceless.

10. darlene1029

darlene1029 A Grand Lady- R.I.P. 06/06/2012

roflmaoroflmao

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds