Unusual program request

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tater, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Tater

Tater Tot

Hi,
    Has anyone ever heard of a program that will randomly rename selected files? I'm asking because I play GTA Vice City and have a file with about 200 mp3's that play through the radio in the game. The only problem is that they are titled by band name and the game plays them alphabetically. These are only copies of the songs so renaming them with random #'s wouldn't be a problem.
    Thanks in advance

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

with GTA can you go into the file right click on them and select arrange icons then you would have more options or are you saying that no matter what way you have them listed they still play alphebetically

3. Tater

Tater Tot

The latter is correct. I've tried sorting by date and even moving them manually and they still play alphabetically, so I think the only way would be to rename them.

4. Wisewiz

Wisewiz Apprentice's Sorcerer

If you sort them by date in Explorer, then select all of the names and right-click and use Rename and type in a name of your choice, XP will rename all of them by the order they have in Explorer at the moment as name 1, name 2, name 3, ... (.extension). Then the alpha reader will read the numbers instead.

5. Tater

Tater Tot

Hot damn Wiz, you did it again. Thank you so much. In 2 years, I've never been able to stump you guys. :)

6. Tater

Tater Tot

Thanks also Robo, I didn't see your post until after my last one. Yes..... I type that slow.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds