Whats the price of this CD?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Darkfoxx, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Darkfoxx

Darkfoxx Private E-2

I have a Legit OEM COPY of Windows Office XP Home and Small Business and i can not find out what the price is for this CD it has the Cd Keys and everything it is new and Legal! I repete it is LEGAL! :D

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Huh. You have it and you dont know the price. I think I speak for everyone else that didnt respond and say... I dont understand.

3. Darkfoxx

Darkfoxx Private E-2

5 words should be good enough so here it is (It was given to me by my uncle) wait thats more then 5.... need more math and less caffeine! :eek: The reason i am asking is because i like to trade it in for RAM for me Laptop it has 2 now with 1 slot left open and i would love to fill it with a 512 it replace them both and make it 1 gig ram! another 25 with something that comes close to the price of the CD would be great!! :D

4. Darkfoxx

Darkfoxx Private E-2

I mean the Laptop has 256 Mb of Ram in it now standard.... my keys got stuck and i didnt notice til i posted!

5. theefool

theefool Geekified

Why don't you ask your uncle how much he paid for it?

6. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Or shop around online.

7. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

Make sure you find out what is the maximum RAM that your laptop will support. Check the manual or visit the company website. Some will not support 1 gig, depending on how old it is. My '99 laptop (yeah, I know it's old), is maxed out at 288mb of RAM.:p (32+128+128) Bazza

===

8. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

I found out the hard way certian programs don't like alot either. I had an old copy of AdobePhoto Shop on my PC, after I upgraded to to 1024 from 512 it gave me an error that I needed 32 MB minimum. apparently it old registered the first three characters (024).

9. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

10. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

AFAIK, liscencing prohibits resale of OEM copies of Windows unless it goes with the original hardware.

11. Darkfoxx

Darkfoxx Private E-2

It only has the 2 CDS in its sleeves with its Product Key.
    And it is the 2002 Version. So thanks for all the nice posts and help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds