Access to CD/Floppy/USB Drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rastamandan, Jan 5, 2005.

1. rastamandan

rastamandan Private E-2

My CD writer and DVD drives have been playing up for a while now the won't register whether there is a CD in them. They come back with the message insert CD into Drive D:, or a screen is displayed as if the disk were empty. If I try to get to them through a programme it says I do not have access and to see the administrator. Unfortunately thats me and I've not got a clue.

This wasn't such problem as it was intermittent but I just attatched a new pci 3 USB card with another three in the floppy disk bay. Now I get the same message please insert disk into drive if I try to use the CD, floppy, or plug my USB stick into the USB ports.

The device manager says all of these devices are functioning propperly.

Dan

2. rastamandan

rastamandan Private E-2

Any help with this, i really can hardly use my pc in this state. Did discover that if i put a cd or my usb drive into the pc then restart it recognises that they contain files rather than saying "Insert a disk into drive".

Please help, any ideas would be good.

Dan

3. rastamandan

rastamandan Private E-2

Seems like I'm the only person who replies to my mails but anyway.

Having still got the drive problem I've been trying to solve it myself and found that in the Device Manager there is an item called PCI Simple Communications Controller which it says the drivers for the device are not installed.

What is this and how do I correct it, XP finds nothing when it serches for a driver.

Plus I've just snaoed my USB stick moving my pc round, now have no access to this weeks work which was on it. Getting really frustrated with this now.

See Also:
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51571&highlight=IEFIX
    http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51379&highlight=IEFIX

Please help

Daniel

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds