no sound

Discussion in 'Software' started by eddie17, Dec 19, 2010.

1. eddie17

eddie17 Private E-2

Hello ive been moved by caliban to hear as i have no sound,i do get sound from my speakers when i do a sound test thru the sound effects but i dont get sound when i try youtube etc,on a side note when i go to sound and audio devices there is "no audio device" and the volume is set to low and is greyed out so cannot be moved.Hope u can help im pretty sure its going to be something simple as its my sisters pc and she said she has been messing around.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Do you have a speaker icon down by the clock? If so and you right-click and select Open Mixer what do you see, can you change or enable any volume controls?

3. eddie17

eddie17 Private E-2

WOOT ive sorted it lol it was so simple as well she had somehow changed the audio device,thank you as always much appreciated for your time.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Good work!

Sometimes just asking a question gets you thinking about the possibilities.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds