IE bar backgrounds

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr_flea, Oct 14, 2003.

1. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

is there any program that can put a light picture overlay on IE's toolbars?

2. exeter_acres

exeter_acres Sergeant

Hotbar RO)(ERS!!

j/k:D SPyware alert!!!

3. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

If you have XP Pro, you can use the group policy editor.

4. Ken3

Ken3 MajorGeek

Ditto on Win2k (search for file filegpedit.msc)

5. Psique Angelus

Psique Angelus Private E-2

i'm using hotbar and i was looking for an alternative. i found this Tweak UI from microsoft's site. is it safe. i mean will it screw anything?
    btw, im using win xp home edition and my ie version is 6.0

6. tiggerrrr

tiggerrrr Private E-2

Hello Everybody
    To show a bitmap on internet explorer toolbars, find the key

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]

Add a new String Value of "BackBitmap" and set the value to the path and name of bitmap file you wish to use i.e "c:\images\fox.bmp")

Restart Internet Explorer:)

7. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I do have XP pro and tweak UI. Watch out with tweak UI, don't change anything advanced (such as hiding a username on the welcome screen) because I had to reinstall win xp because it screwed it up somehow with the hidden username thing.

The reason why I don't use tweak UI or the group policy thing is I have to find a good picture to overlay and it would be so much easier if I could just get a program with a built in set of pictures to choose from.

Edit: I think I'll try adryn's way, looks like there's all sorts of stuff you can change there... that microsoft internet explorer thing on the top bar always bothered me...

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  8. Psique Angelus

Psique Angelus Private E-2

thanks robo!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds