My monitor takes time to light up!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Caliph, May 21, 2004.

1. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

hi guys,
    My problem is like this. recently, my monitor was damaged. dunno wat happened. All of a sudden, one day, the LED on my monitor front panel would just flicker at a very fast rate accompanied by a clicking sort of sound at the same rate as the flickering.
    Anyway, I had tht problem fixed.
    Now, after the monitor came back from repairs, the monitor takes alot of time to light up. I mean, the LED keeps blinking(not like when it got damaged, the normal slow blinking indicating tht the monitor is ON) but i do not get any display. the system has to reboot some more than 6 times or so. i know the PC is rebooting during this time, because i get a voice saying tht POST was completed and system now going to boot from operating system.
    Please tell me wat seems to be the problem here. It`s very frustrating to have to wait as much as half an hr to get any display on the monitor.

My config :
    PIV 2.4 Ghz,
    mobo : Asus P4G8X Deluxe,
    Simple Tech 512 MB PC2100,
    Asus GeForce 2 GTS (32MB)
    Seagate 40GB HDD

Monitor - Samtron 4Bi(I know it`s a very unknown brand. But here in India, it`s OK) :rolleyes:

Also, after the monitor finally lights up, win2k does the scanning of disks because of improper shutdown.
    Thanks.

2. General_Lee_Stoned

General_Lee_Stoned BuZZed Lightyear

Does it do this in safe mode

3. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

does it do wat in safe mode?
    after i get display on the monitor,... no it starts normally. Before starting, it starts checking disks for errors. does a complete scan of my C: and then windows starts off as normal.

4. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

errrrrr... Anybody!! Somebody... help!!!!!!!!!
    Hasn`t anyone had this sort of a problem before??? :(

5. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

Does the system reboot on it's own? Or are you resetting it in an attempt to get some video? If it's just you resetting the computer, I'd guess it's time to get a new monitor.

6. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

nope. i do not reseet the monitor. it reboots on its own. it continuess to resboot, till i get any video.
    After getting video, i choose my os(win2k prof), win2k does a disk check saying tht the system had not been shut down properly the last time. After the disk check, no problems. It works as usual.
    Any suggestions.

7. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Something is still damaged. Try the monitor on a different PC, try a different monitor on your PC. Try a different video card.

8. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

I'd also swap your power supply out with a good one to see if that's the problem.

9. Caliph

Caliph Private E-2

ok.. tried the monitor swap. this other monitor also faced the same problem. but only, this one takes just around 2 reboots to get display. I get display much more quicker with the other one.

I don`t know if this is of any help, but i noticed tht the monitor only lights up after the degauss(???!! i dont know wat this means. but when one my friends came, he said tht this is the process in which all the magnetsm in the monitor is discharged?!!!!. i still can`t figure it out) :confused: :confused:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds