How to change title of a thread?

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by CaroleAnne, Sep 25, 2008.

1. CaroleAnne

CaroleAnne Private E-2

I posted a question under software and then found the answer to the problem myself. I did post another message telling that the problem was solved and how it was done.

I would like to be able to edit the original thread title and put "Solved" before the topic. Can this be done? If so, how?

2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

It's ok you dont need to change it;)

You have already posted saying it had been solved.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2008
  3. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Just to answer the question for future reference, you can't change the subject title. Only a Forum Administrator can do this. Unless it really needs changing we are unlikely to do so e.g. You state your system is XP when it is in fact Vista, which changes the whole context of the possible solution to your issue.

4. Doc13%

Doc13% aka Kestrel13! aka Emms

hi and welcome :wave

5. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

We discussed using the "solve" option, there are mods for this, however we deal in such large volume it might be difficult to implement. I can look into it more, since the thread starter should have the option to basically close their own thread.

6. CaroleAnne

CaroleAnne Private E-2

Actually, it is XP, I don't have Vista, perhaps you were answering someone elses' question. Also my question has been answered. I cannot change the title of an thread and it is not necessary.

7. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Only moderaters/admins have the ability to change a title.

Lev was just using the XP/Vista reference as an example of why it would be necessary to change a thread title, as it would then be relevant to the problem. Her point is that it is not necessary to change a thread title stating that the problem was solved. Once your issue is solved, all you need to do is post that you solved your problem (as I see you did) and people will no longer post possible fixes.

8. CaroleAnne

CaroleAnne Private E-2

Thanks for the information and clarification. "e.g." I should have gotten that :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds