Trying to update my nVIDIA

Discussion in 'Software' started by newman9967, Dec 9, 2008.

1. newman9967

newman9967 Private E-2

I tried to update my NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Integrated GPU display driver because my games were running slow. When I went to play some games, I got a bunch of tiny squares all over the screen. These games played fine before I tried to update my driver, just slow. I got some advice and was told to uninstall the old driver and then to redownload and install the new driver but to make sure my virus protection software was turned off. I did that and now I still have the little squares all over the screen in the games. I also have big squares during the games. And now my desktop and the icons are supersized to the point that not all of the icons fit on the screen. Also, when I open programs such as Internet Explorers, Word, or Excel, those screens are supersized.

Here's my info:
    Motherboard: AMD Athlon XP with an nVIDIA nForce2-ICP chipset
    My computer is an eMachines

If you need more information, please let me know. I'll check back later.

Thanks!

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Is this PC a laptop or desktop? guessing with ICP chipset its a laptop, please give us the model eMachines PC it is, or check their support and downloads and grab the Video driver yourself and install that, depending on where you got this new driver from not all unified drivers work in proprietory OEM PCs.

3. newman9967

newman9967 Private E-2

It is a desktop and the model number is T3256. I got the driver off of the nVIDIA website. I also fixed the supersized desktop by fixing my screen resolution.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds