Distribution lists in Outlook

Discussion in 'Software' started by techiegirl2, May 17, 2015.

1. techiegirl2

techiegirl2 Corporal

Hi:

At my wit's end, trying to import my distribution lists into Outlook.

I started with outlook express, converted it into outlook and did the .pst route which did not work.

I found on the web another suggestion to email each group individually and then open it and drag the attachment to contacts in Outlook. Did not work?

Right now the emails with the attachment are in the new computer and the other one has to be set up again.

Please help. :yum

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Possible route is email yourself an email with the full distribution email addresses in the To line, then right click the to line and choose copy and then open the address book and choose New Entry > Contact Group and paste the contacts into the to line and save.

I tend to do it this way as I have multiple different groups I need to send emails too.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds