Got MSINET.Ocx error message on Tweaking.com install

Discussion in 'Software' started by Keyz, May 21, 2015.

1. Keyz

Keyz Private E-2

Had Tweaking.com windows repair installed on two laptops & it did wonders for them. Tried to install on my desktop (Windows XP Pro SP3) and received this message: encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\ProgramFiles\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\files\registry_backup_tool\MSINET.Ocx.

I tried to locate this file but it only shows up in the Tweaking.com file. Any suggestions?

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

I would uninstall and reinstall the latest known version of the software and if the same error, then open a administrative run CMD (right click CMD and choose Run as administrator) then type regsvr32 msinet.ocx and hit enter and see if that works.

Do you have any other registry cleaning applications or cleaning tools on that PC that are running live, if so close them down as the sharing violation could be due to two apps trying to use the same ocx file.

3. Keyz

Keyz Private E-2

Thank you so much. I did reinstall it, and it worked just fine without any error messages. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds