Outlook 2013 and Verizon

Discussion in 'Software' started by the mekanic, May 23, 2015.

1. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

Having an issue with a client's setup. All the verizon mail settings are correct with MS Office's Outlook (2013), however the application fails to logon to the server.

I have used every combination of settings besides the official ones posted to no avail. Encrypted, unencrypted, nothing. I even used the old incoming/outgoing.verizon.net on ports 995/465 instead of pop/smtp and Outlook still fails to logon to the server. I even used the actual e-mail in the username field. Still no logon. Regular webmail works fine in a browser, and password is correct.

The odd thing is that when it was set up in the firstplace, it worked once but the caveat is that the internet connection was made via a Verizon cellphone WiFi hotspot.

I really think that this is a Verizon issue, but all they seem to be capable of doing is pointing fingers at Microsoft.

Anyone else know of a reason, or solution?

:mad

2. the mekanic

P.S. Machine is W7 Pro, so the POP issue with W8/8.1 is not relevant.

3. the mekanic

xOK. Here is the answer, which I had to kind of pry out of an Optimum cable representative.

Optimum servers no longer support SSL encryption. Therefore, either Verizon needs to upgrade to IMAP or you need a DSL modem in your house if you want to use Outlook with a Verizon or Yahoo e-mail on Optimum's networks.

If anyone has any ideas on how to use the Optimum servers as a proxy, I'm open to suggestions...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds