Roboform in Opera?

Discussion in 'Software' started by cosanostra0905, May 6, 2010.

1. cosanostra0905

cosanostra0905 Private E-2

Now I'm using FireFox, but wanna switch to Opera recently.
    And I can't live without Roboform, which keeps all my account information.
    Seems that Opera doesn't support that, right? Is that possible run Roboform in Opera browser? :confused

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

3. cosanostra0905

Thanks for the reply. I will check it out. Usually I don't trust the online staff, especially the account information.

4. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

I have not (yet) used online storage of any kind.

I do need some kind of secure solution for passwords and user names.

I was considering something like Cryptainer LE, but I suppose a
    password manager makes more sense.

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Have to add that I use KeePass and find it works ok, works in Opera, plus I use the portable version as that way I can have the encrypted database on a USB pen, so have passwords wherever I am.

Worth a try at least.

6. cosanostra0905

@Halo, KeePass is awesome, I've downloaded it. I can even use it on my iPhone! Thanks!!!

7. hrlow2

hrlow2 MajorGeek

But how does KeePass work with sites like online banking that require changing often?

8. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Glad you like it, it takes a little getting use to its settings, plus do visit the main homepage of the app as they have many plugins for various tasks.

TBH, I have not myself looked into this as I dont save any banking site passwords in any app, plus my bank doesnt use rolling passwords but other methods. Basically use this app for Forums and various Websites only.

But all you would need to do is to edit the password in the sites listing in KeePass, when you change it, there is an option in KeePass to set a date expiry range for the password.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds