Installing sim city 4 error...PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by michellehunt, Apr 15, 2012.

1. michellehunt

michellehunt Private E-2

So I am trying to install sim city 4 to my computer. I have already installed it once to play it but I uninstalled it cause i didnt really have time to play anymore. I have more free time now and have attempted to install the game and it gets to 24.53% and then sends me an error message saying that there was a problem installing 'E:\Regions\New York\City - New City(32).sc4'.... I have tried everything and have no clue how to fix this.... SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! I spent alot of money on the game pack and would hate to have to return it....

Thanx

2. Nedlamar

Nedlamar MajorGeek

If it stops at the same time each time you try I would hazzard a guess at a hardware or more likely media issue.

But first you could try installing it by disconecting from the internet, then dissable your firewall, anti virus etc.

It's a long shot but it's possible that one of them is blocking a file, I had this happen a while back, can't remember the game but Avast was stopping a file every time, I disabled avast and it was fine.

Otherwise I'd have to say it's possibly your DVD drive not liking the disc or gettin worn out or more likely, a damaged or defective disc.

Sorry I can't help you more but your question has been up for a few days so I thought I'd give you some thoughts.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds