MS Windows up-date problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by JoeN, Apr 25, 2004.

1. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Running win.98se - installed patch from windows update page #832894, had nothing but problems after that - uninstalled and things went back to normal - anybody know if the patch was buggy - and if it has been fixed ??? I try to keep up to date with all patches -

2. alanc

alanc MajorGeek

According to this MS TechNet article, update 832894 is for IE 5.01 and up on NT/2k/XP/2k3, not 98.

I have no clue as to exactly how Windows Update could have installed that on your 98 machine :confused:

3. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Well it is still listed on my Win. update page as a download for my system - and I agree - I'm not 100% sure it is for my system - Scott Finnie's newsletter (April 26th) makes mention of the problem - for now I'll stay away from it -

4. Boccemon

Boccemon First Sergeant

Hey Joe, Win update shows that for Win ME also when I go to update site. D/led it and then it stated that my OS was incorrect for update. It is still there every time I go there. Hmmmmm:confused:

5. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Well Scott Finnies April 26th letter does have a patch for the patch - not sure if I want to get into that - check it out - post a reply

6. JoeN

JoeN Corporal

Just to let everyone know - I reinstalled the patch #832894 and it works fine, I did not need to use the patch from SFNL , maybe this will help out some -

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds