WalMart Surveys- Does anyone really win?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BoredOutOfMyMind, Mar 21, 2009.

1. BoredOutOfMyMind

BoredOutOfMyMind Picabo, ICU

I seem to have great timing in that I get a WM survey on my receipt about everytime lately. Mind you I live where there is no WM nearby. I have asked the cashiers, and NO one yet has heard of anyone winning $1000 from WalMart. :confused

[​IMG]

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Yep. I think by law they must award the money to a winner. It's probably as minimally awarded as possible.

From Halo's link, it looks like it's 5 winners a quarter. lol...you probably have more chance of winning the lottery. rolleyes

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Indeed Laura, minimum by law is what many competitions from large companies follow, half the time you have more chance of being hit by lightening.

But its a great way to get demographics for virtually no cost at all, if they where to employ a company to survey customers it would cost a fair but, but dangling the carrot and putting the onus on the customer to do this themselfs its like free customer feedback, with likely much more data.

5. buggabear

buggabear MajorGeek

I've never entered that survey, who know as much as I've gone to WalMart I could have been a contender. ;);) :crap

oh by the way I saved $100.00 by switching to GEICO rolleyesrolleyesrolleyes
    roflmao

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds