i,m still new here

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by hogdigerdy, Aug 29, 2008.

1. hogdigerdy

hogdigerdy Private E-2

hello all at MGs
    is there anywhere that explanes the post and reply system (Tutorial i suppose)
    cos i cant figure out the multi-quote option:eek:
    also i've asked a question in the malware forum and have had to use 2 posts now it said not to bump or leave another post in the 'read & run me guide' as it will take longer to get an answer as the malware experts will think its already being dealt with but in 'how to leave a post' it says if you need to leave more than 3 attachments then leave another post:confused
    i've just realised i could have attached 3 logs then pasted the other in my post so i could have sent them all in one but how does that affect my post as i have (or appear to have ) bumped it:confused
    i'll get the hang of this one day:-D

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The MultiQuote thingy is actions by clicking all of the posts you wish to quote the icon as circled below, then on the last post to quote, just click Quote icon and all will be quoted, you can edit and delete what you do not wish then.

[​IMG]

as in many cases you need to post in your one thread two posts will the logs, thats ok, as you should and will be posting quite close time wise, its when you post say 1hr or 4hrs etc later that this would be concidered bumping or posting some irrellevent info just to get your thread to top of page one, sadly doing that will get your thread to bottom of work queue.

Do remember to post logs in text files or in the case of MGTools in its zip file thats produced, inline logs ( those copied and pasted as text in the thread post ) are likely to be deleted.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

If you attach 3 logs ( the most you can attach in one post) and then immediately attach the fourth in a new post...it is not bumping.....

If you want to quote something ... you will hit the quote button on that persons post....and then you just have to use [ q u o t e ] and [ / q u o t e ] to seperate the contents.

4. hogdigerdy

hogdigerdy Private E-2

5. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi, it looks like you got it but somehow you deleted the part of the code that completes the quote.

It would look like this: [/quote] And would be at the end of your quote.

6. hogdigerdy

hogdigerdy Private E-2

hi LauraR
    i've noticed the quote marks but not after my quote i assumed they were part of the text and added when i click on submit.....ahh i see i should have deleted all the text i didn,t want except the

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2008
  7. hogdigerdy

hogdigerdy Private E-2

Ahh i see i should have deleted all the text i didn't want apart, from the quote code at the end:-D
    thanks for pointing that out, i often need a kick in the pants to get something lodged in my brain
    hogdigerdy

8. LauraR

haha...no kick in the pants necessary. ;)

Enjoy the site and feel free to jump in. The Lounge is also a good place to post.

9. hogdigerdy

hogdigerdy Private E-2

Last edited: Aug 31, 2008
  10. LauraR

lol....there is also an edit button on the posts that you have already made. I believe it is there for about 10 minutes after you have posted. Rather than doing new posts, just edit the one you want to change.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds