Malware System Cleaning

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Pretteyes, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Pretteyes

Pretteyes Private E-2

Hello

I would like to first thank you for helping me to resolve some previous issues with my system. I think you are AWESOME!

I recently had a problem accessing automatic windows updates(error 1058). I went through some scaning & cleaning recommendation I found on your site. I believe I have resolved that issue. I am now able to get the updates automatically (Thanks 2 U).

I would like to be certain that all malware and possible infections have been removed. Please tell me what I need to provide so that you can evaluate my system and point me in the right direction if I need take further action.

Thank you Computer GODS!!!:major

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

If yo uneed to make fully certain that your PC is free from malware then you will need to attach the logs from the Read and Run me guide in the malware forum.

So you'll need to have run this READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide then once finished please start a new thread in the Malware Forum plus a guide on how to attach the logs HOW TO: Attach Items To Your Post

After these are attached our malware experts will review these to see if your OK, if not they will issue you some further removal instructions.

3. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

OK....just kidding ....:cry ......and welcome to MG's!! ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds