Strange message with status code 1073741482 upon start up(using windows xp)

Discussion in 'Software' started by lvpoundhound, Aug 31, 2009.

1. lvpoundhound

lvpoundhound Private E-2

Upon start up I am recieving a very strange message , and some strange activity..Upon start up the message pops up and says(The system is shutting down.Please save all work in progress and log off.Any unsaved changes will be lost.This shut down was initiated by NT\AUTHORIYSYSTEM Time before shut down(then a countdown starts at 1:00)
    Message The system process 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\services.exe' terminated unexpectedly with status code -1073741482.The system will now shut down.) then the countdown begins and when it reaches 0 the system shuts down and restarts itself and will just continue over and over untill I manually shut down by pressing the power button...any help would be greatly apprecieated:confused

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I have moved your thread to the software forum as you will need to get your system stable before you can be assisted in the malware forum.

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

You should be able to stop the reboot by going to Start > Run and typing in "shutdown -n" (without the " ", note that there is a space between shutdown and -n) and hitting enter.

CORRECTION - "shutdown -a"

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds