Windows 7 won't go to sleep

Discussion in 'Software' started by jkman, Nov 30, 2011.

1. jkman

jkman Private E-2

Hello! I recently had trouble with a computer virus and one of the Majorgeeks helped me get rid of it. But ever since then, I noticed my computer will not go into sleep mode. I have it set in the power settings for the display to turn off in 3 minutes and the computer to sleep in 5. It will never do it. Any suggestions?

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

3. jkman

jkman Private E-2

It's a custom build. The monitor will go to sleep, yes. But the system itself will never go into sleep mode on its own. In order for it to sleep, I have to manually do it from the start menue.

4. thisisu

thisisu Malware Consultant

I'm thinking it's a process running.

If you stop the following process do you still have a problem?

Code:
    avshadow.exe                  "C:\Program Files (x86)\Avira\AntiVir Desktop\avshadow.exe" avshadowcontrol0_00000670   
    netsession_win.exe            "C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Akamai\netsession_win.exe"
    source: http://processes.glarysoft.com/avshadow.exe/6229/

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds