Memory upgrade on a Sony VGN-TX750P Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Koala, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Koala

Koala Private E-2

Hello,
    I just tried to upgrade memory ram on this laptop: Sony VGN-TX750P. They say that it supports 1.5GB of DDR2 PC2 3200, 400Mhz.
    It cames with a built-in 512MB of the mentioned type. So I bought 1GB, this one: Kingston Value Series 1GB 200-Pin DDR2 SO-DIMM DDR2 400 (PC2 3200).

The problem is that it doesn't recognize it. Either in Windows nor in the Bios. Like no memory in. Anyone know what could be wrong? or what's the right memory for it?

Thanks in advance,
    Koala

2. Puppywunder58

Puppywunder58 Master Sergeant

Hi, have you tried cleaning the contacts on the MB before inserting the new RAM?

Have you tried using the new RAM without the old RAM in the machine?

3. Koala

Koala Private E-2

Yes, I did clean the contacts of the motherboard slot.
    I can't remove the old ram because it came build-in (embedded) on the motherboard.

It's the appropriate ram for the laptop right?

I don't know but checking it more closely it seems that maybe (because is the one that appears on the Sony specifications) isn't the right one. Because it fits and makes the "click" sound when you put it in. But the steel clips of the slot, doesn't get into the sides gap of the memory.

4. Puppywunder58

5. Koala

Koala Private E-2

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2011
  6. Puppywunder58

Thanks koala, please keep us updated.

7. Ian Schmidt

Ian Schmidt Private E-2

Hello! I got the same problem with my Vaio. Sorry if I my writing isn'twell, I don' speak english good at all. So, I tried to clean tle motherboar slots of my laptop, and also I realize that the gaps of the slot doesn't engage good at all on the gaps of the card. I can't remove the preset RAM brcause it's embedded on the motherboard, so I don't know what is wrong with my RAM or my computer? I hope someone of you to answer my question, and I'm gonna thank you if it works :D . <snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  8. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

A few things:

This is someone else's very old thread. I would highly suggest you post your question in a new thread of your own.

I would also highly suggest you not use your full name on the internet when you are registering user names for public forums. Its just not a very smart practice.

I have deleted your post regarding facebook. It does not pertain to your problem and we do not allow personal info to be posted.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds