What's the best FREE DVD Copy Program?

Discussion in 'Software' started by eng63043, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

Looking for the best FREE DVD copy program....I use to use DVD Shrink but now the nero buring program it uses is no longer free....Any suggestions?

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

3. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

Thanks, I'll try it out and see if it works

4. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

5. Blueheeler

Blueheeler Private E-2

6. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

Single layer dvd movie copy programs DO NOT DELETE THIS IS DIFFERENT

First off to moderators DO NOT DELETE this post is different than my other one...In my other one people where giving me links to dual layer burn programs...I need a single layer one !

Now for my post:

I'M looking for a free or cheap single layer DVD copy program to copy DVD movies.......Like the old DVD Shrink use to do...All the ones I've come across like IMGBURN and Ashampoo all use dual layer disks and I have 2 spindles of 100 single layers I'd like to use before I start buying dual layers.....Any Help Please

7. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

Let me make this clear I'M looking for a free or cheap single layer DVD copy program to copy DVD movies.......Like the old DVD Shrink use to do...All the ones I've come across like IMGBURN and Ashampoo all use dual layer disks and I have 2 spindles of 100 single layers I'd like to use before I start buying dual layers.....Any Help Please

8. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

Re: Single layer dvd movie copy programs DO NOT DELETE THIS IS DIFFERENT

It is the same subject and any you are confusing copying CDs and burning CDs. DVD Shrink was used to copy files off of a DVD inorder to make a new DVD. It was just a copy program which could call an external DVD burning program.

And those tools are not just for dual layer CDs. The burn single layers too.

You should look in the below download folder for backup programs and choose one.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads3.html

This will be merged with your other thread. If you start an new thread, it will be deleted.

Messages # 6 & # 8 were just merged into this original thread and hence may seem out of sequence.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  9. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

I don't know where you get the idea that Imgburn only uses dual layer discs.

I only burn single layer discs and have used it for years.
    Check your facts.

10. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

I just burned generation kill disk one with img burn and it told me I didn't have enough space on the single layer so I had to use a double layer..Fact are straight............

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  11. chaslang

No you have misinterpreted the info. It told you this because you did not have enought space to burn the info onto a single layer disk. You are misinterpreting what it is telling you. You have too much data to fit on the single layer disk.

12. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

If you haven't shrunk it to fit on on a 4.4 gb dvd with Dvdshrink ( although I don't know why you can't) then use Dvdvideosoft and set it to STANDARD.

Those are the facts.

13. chaslang

Excuse me!!!! You are talking about stealing copy righted information. We do not support doing this on Major Geeks! Please do not discuss this any further.

14. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

Ya that's what I was saying...It was to big to fit on a single layer DVD....and by the way moderator I used DVD shrink for more that 5 years I know what it does !

15. eng63043

eng63043 Private E-2

whatever your whole forum is about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So take me out you guys treat people like idiots anyway....sorry we all dont know as much as you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. chaslang

Obvsiously not! Your title of the thread was a free copy program and you brought up DVD Shrink and then you started taking about DVD burning which is not the same thing and DVD Shrink was never a burning program. And I gave you a link (msg # 8 ) to download folder that had programs for doing both DVD backup/copying and also burning but I guess you did not read it.

This particular forum is for Software support, but illegal activities of any kind are not supported.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds