Kaspersky is a resource hog! What's up with kaspersky 2009! This is not good!

Discussion in 'Software' started by shadowfury, Jul 15, 2009.

1. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

Hey guys, I just want to complain to all the Kaspersky makers. First of all, Kaspersky 2009 takes forever to scan, like Literally! Compared to other anti-viruses and Internet Security, I used to be a loyal Kaspersky user from 6.0 to 7.0, but now you see when I upgraded to 2009 when it came out, everything changed which is ridiculous. Like I said, Scanning takes like forever which could take a week or something just to get finished if I full scan. Hell, Quick-scan even lags the heck out of my computer and takes hours to finish(OMG).
    Now I know it's not my computer's problem like most of you would say. I have a pretty decent high-end custom-built computer that's really still better than most Home users have and I'm using an Intel Quad Core Q6600, 4GB(2xgb of Dual Channel) Corsair RAM DDR2-800(PC2-6400). My Video card is really good too because it's a GeForce 8800GTX, which is still good still.

Anyways i just want to point out that i seriously don't know why Kaspersky 2009 all of a sudden slow. The MAIN PROBLEM is that I left my computer just last night and it's stuck at 22% because I decided you know what, I might as well stop my scanning because it's taking up SO MANY RESOURCES! I mean for Crying out loud! But you see, when I stopped the scanning it lags my whole computer so I had to restart my computer improperly and hit the reset button because Kaspersky got issues since it wouldn't stop the scan and would probably take hours!!!! I got 4 gbs of RAM man, come on.
    I seriously don't know what's up with the makers who made this new version of Kaspersky 2009 or in general. whats up with that?! I spent $70 for 3 user 1 yearu se for Kaspersky internet Security 2009 and I think I just got jipped. However, previous versions of Kaspersky like 7.0 or 6.0 I didn't have any problems at all for full-scanning because it would finish full-scanning like withing 24 hours and quick scan would take like minutes or so.

I'm pretty sure this is the experience that other Loyal users of Kaspersky users or those new to Kaspersky are experiencing this problem as well.

Besides, Compared to other Pay to use Anti-virus and Internet Security software companies Internet Security such as Norton 2009, ESET NOD32, McAfee, etc. they're all good because they don't hug so much computer unlike Kaspersky 2009.

So yeah, this is my problem that I'm so upset about Kaspersky 2009. Maybe I might not use Kaspersky ever again if it continues to do this and with their new version. I had enough!

If anyone care to explain this to me on why it's doing that and hopefully can fix this problem for me or improve it on the next version i'd really appreciate that.

I might probably switched different anti-virus like ESET's NOD32 Smart Security or the new Norton Internet Security 2009 which I hear is actually really good because it's not like the previous versions of Norton

2. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

oh yea, i forgot about that one.
    That was actually on my laptop, this thread is for my PC as you can see on my specs.

Anyways, I actually fixed the problem now so that virus is gone from my laptop.

3. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

Hmm, maybe I'll try that. What program do I need to run and attached the post on the thread here so you guys can see what system statistics to see my running processes, and start up menu list?

4. shadowfury

shadowfury Private E-2

Alright, I followed what you did. I already had CCleaner already but I had to uninstall it though so I can get the newer version which is 2.21 and i had the 2.15 or something.
    Anyways, I took the screenshot in CCleaner in Tools > Startup > then I took screenshot. Aft wards, I took a screenshot of my windows task manager in the Processes tab.

Oh, and for the Kaspersky thread i made in October 2008 I think i'm not probably going to renew my Kaspersky subscription and switch to Eset's Nod32 or Norton Internet Security 2009. They were right that Kaspersky is probably a serious system resource hog.

Attached Files:

5. brandypeppy

brandypeppy MajorGeek

I will definitely agree with Domluc. I just reintalled XP on a friends computer yesterday, it was badly infected but contained minimal needed files. After installing the system, I came here and downloaded AVG, Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and Ccleaner. Then to demonstrate to the person how he should keep his computer, I went to the startup tools of Ccleaner and there were just five startup items, the antivirus and the two malware/spyware programs. Also userinit.exe and explorer.exe. That is, for the most part, all you need and all you should have.

Alas, this particular user is download addicted and I'm sure it will be only a matter of weeks or months before his computer is bogged down again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds