I'm running Win ME, why Win 98 update manager??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lolli, Jan 9, 2004.

1. lolli

lolli Private E-2

:confused: Ok heres my problem which, since searching the internet for a fix, i've seen many have as well. Awhile ago I realized my Windows updates havent been asking me to update. Sooo, I got to Microsoft.com. I get this error...."To install items from Windows Update, you must be logged on as an administrator or a member of the Administrators group. If your computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may also prevent you from completing this procedure."

Now, Below this error, it suggest how to fix it, ( although no instrustions for Win ME users ) so I right click on the Windows Update icon, and look for the Run line like they suggested, it's not there!!!... So that dont work.. but in general option, it says "Win 98 Windows Update Manager".............Why does it say this when i'm running Win ME? and....does anyone know what I can do to fix this so I can continue to get updates... I've searched the web and came across many fix's, regarding, delete this registy and look for this key in the registry, and NONE of the keys they mention, I dont have. So what shall I do now???? Please help.....

Thanks for any replies in advance, ( oh and, use simple terms, i've grown accustomed to trying to fix my own computer, but i'm still not quite literate with the computer terms LOL )

Lolli

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds