the NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.

Discussion in 'Software' started by GIGROLL, Apr 11, 2005.

1. GIGROLL

GIGROLL Private E-2

Help i keep getting this popup
    Application popup: 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem : C:\WINDOWS\System32\update.exe
    The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction. CS:0dad IP:01ce OP:63 68 65 2f 31 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

Its more a nuisance than anything but i cant seem to find what it is. It happens now and then. I went through the proceder of cleaning viruses and trojans from this website and thought i got it but i still get this problem arghhh should i do a hijack log file ?, not sure how to do it but if it helps ?.

2. Insomniac

Insomniac Billy Ray Cyrus #1 Fan

You posted this in the Spyware Forum.

Don't double-post please!

3. GIGROLL

GIGROLL Private E-2

sorry dont which one to post it in if its spyware or general fault ?

4. Insomniac

This would more than likely be spyware related.

Follow the recommended steps outlined in the Spyware Forum to rule out any infection, and if needed you can post a log there.

5. julianna

julianna Private E-2

I keep getting the same popups. There are about 3 or 4 different one saying my computer is going to crash, illegal something or other and some other ones, can't think right off hand. They don't popup all the time I would like to know what causes this also. I will be reading your post to see if anyone can help with this problem I'm running WoindowsXP.

6. Insomniac

Regardless, my above advice still stands.

Go to the Spyware Forum and follow the recommendations there.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds