No new device installed but XP keeps trying

Discussion in 'Software' started by Leem, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Leem

Leem Private E-2

No new device installed but XP keeps trying to install a hardware device. I used windows update to update the system the system and after the reboot the “New Hardware Detected” dialog box came up. If I cancel, it promptly pops back up. The device is identified as “other hardware” and when I hit “Cancel” it still list the device in the device manger under “other device” with a yellow asterisk and will keep adding devise under the Device manger every time I hit cancel. Furthermore, another dialogue box quickly prompts. I have lost no availability of the current hardware installation. I have tied to let windows XP installed a device but alas, it can’t find a suitable driver. To contend with this annoyance, I just move the box off the side of the desktop. Anyone with any ideas on this one?

Lee
    “i cAN'T fIND mY cAPS lOCK kEY"

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Got the latest motherboard chipset drivers?
    Is there a listing for your video card and monitor in Device Manager?

Does the banged out device have a name at all in Dev Manager?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds