Eusing Free Registry Cleaner 1.1 (Update Released)

Discussion in 'Software' started by COMPUABLE, Jul 17, 2006.

1. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

Whoo Hoo!
    Eusing Free Registry Cleaner 1.1
    (Update Released!)

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner History

Version 1.1 (2006.07)

Fixed Bug: Repair the section of 'Applications'.

Add Features:
    (1) Add Ignore List. This is to exclude certain entries from being included in the scan.
    (2) Add options to include all references to removable media and CD drive.
    (3) Auto resize the first column of the list.
    (4) Add command line options. "-cleanonce" will run the software be unattended. Then scan and repair registry issue. After repairing, the software will be exited. For example: "C:\Program Files\Eusing Free Registry Cleaner\Regcleaner.exe -cleanonce".

Version 1.0 (2006.04)
    Initial release.

Good Luck!

2. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Just downloaded and installed it. :)

Still removes needed registry entries in CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator. :(

3. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Just downloaded and installed it. Still removes needed registry entries in CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator. star17 <<

Like many of these types of cleaners; after the initial scan the Eusing Free Registry Cleaner also provides a list of choices and allows the user to "untick" any choices the user deems unworthy of removal.

Additionally, in the new version (v1.1) you can also go to Edit => Options => Ignore Lists and add the “Values” and/or “Keys” that you want the Eusing Registry Cleaner to permanently “ignore” in the future.

Note to star17: As I noted in an earlier post: Re: Eusing Registry Cleaner on 06-18-06 when you previously brought this matter up; if you don't mind and you get a few spare minutes; you should definitely consider contacting the program's developer at support@eusing.com with the results of your testing out the program and discovering this CorelDraw and Adobe Illustrator 'font removal' flaw. I have actually contacted this developer in the past and received a fairly prompt response (within about two days or so).

I do not use either CorelDraw or Adobe Illustrator so I cannot verify the 'font removal' flaw; however I've used Eusing Registry Cleaner (v1.0) for months with no problems thus far and I have two drives filled with hundreds of programs on the computer that I use to test new freeware products. In any case, I would definitely be interested in hearing the results of your inquiry with the Eusing developer. Thanks! ;)

Good Luck

4. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Nothing from either prorgram showed up in the scan. When I installed the backup, both programs worked again. Never had that problem with RegSeeker, so obviously something written in Eusing's Cleaner is not co-existing with certain graphics programs.

Yeah, I saw that before. Tried twice, got no repsonse, decided not to waste any more time on it.

5. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> Nothing from either prorgram showed up in the scan. When I installed the backup, both programs worked again. Never had that problem with RegSeeker, so obviously something written in Eusing's Cleaner is not co-existing with certain graphics programs. << star17

Whoa... sorry to hear you've had this persistent problem Star, really.

I was originally going to suggest that you try "unticking" the entry on the left called "Windows Fonts" but since you said that the folks at Eusing did not even bother to answer or reply to your repeated support e-mails; than I'm done promoting this program. I'm really sorry if my mentioning this program here at Major Geeks has caused you or anyone else any problems.

I most definitely do not support program developers who ignore support requests (freeware or otherwise); especially when they list their e-mail address and state: "If you are having any problems using our product, please contact us."

Good Luck!

6. star17

star17 MajorGeek

Couple things:

Likely has nothing to do with the fonts contained in Windows, both prorgrams load their own fonts from separate folders. It was rendering errors, common in graphics programs when something like a .dll is corrupt or a registry entry is missing.

I have no proof they didn't bother to reply, I just know I never got a reply. My email may have been redirected to Mars for all I know. Doesn't mean their tech support isn't any good.

If the program works for you and you feel that strongly about it, don't let this instance change your mind on recommending it. There's been other programs in my time here that didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean they won't benefit someone else. For example, from personal experience I'd never recommend CCleaner's Registry Cleaner either, but you see how popular that program is on MG.

No two computer systems are exactly alike, neither will be results of program usage.

7. COMPUABLE

COMPUABLE First Sergeant

>> I have no proof they didn't bother to reply, I just know I never got a reply. My email may have been redirected to Mars for all I know. Doesn't mean their tech support isn't any good. If the program works for you and you feel that strongly about it, don't let this instance change your mind on recommending it. There's been other programs in my time here that didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean they won't benefit someone else. star17 <<

Good points and thank you for your reply, Star. ;)

I just got a little 'ticked off' there (not at you, of course) when I realized that a program that I have aggressively promoted the benefits of - in several forums on the web - and that I have provided a valid e-mail address to someone in need of support in this forum and they received no response at all. This is unacceptable IMO.

I don’t care if a program makes me coffee every day when I wake up (lol), if the developers list their e-mail address and state: "If you are having any problems using our product, please contact us" and then totally ignore folks who are sending them repeated valid support requests; I’m not going to promote their products.

As for your comments regarding CCleaner, I have thoroughly tested many of these freeware (as well as many shareware) "registry" cleaners and I totally agree that many/most of these types of utilities have a tendency to do this - delete things that they really shouldn't. Therefore, if anyone reading this post uses any of these types of shareware or freeware Windows registry cleaners make absolutely certain the product includes both a full "Undo" for a session and the ability to "Undo" individual changes

Additionally, whenever I use these types of utilities (and in particular, when I'm first trying them out); I always Create a System Restore Point - just in case something goes wrong during or after using the program. This will allow me to return my computer settings to the state your PC was in - prior to making the changes. It takes only moments to perform a System Restore Point and can save you many hours of headaches and frustration; should something unforeseen go terribly wrong.

I test new utilities all of the time and rely on Windows System Restore Utility; therefore I currently use a tiny freeware utility called System Restore Point Creator in order to more quickly create System Restore Points whenever I choose. Using this utility I no longer have hunt down the System Restore Utility in the Start > Programs > Accessory folder; and then wait for a System Restore Point to be created.

Using System Restore Point Creator it only takes like 5 seconds to create and name a restore point using a shortcut that I keep on my desktop! You can also use this utility for scheduling a system restore point creation every day, week, etc.

Good Luck!

8. bigbazza

bigbazza R.I.P. 14/12/2011 - Good Onya Geek

I'm downloading version 1.1 now.
    I'm still not convinced about version 1.0, as the same Registry enties keep popping up from time to time, not every time.
    Very confusing to me.

Will try v1.1 and keep an eye on it. Bazza

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds