My first website...HELP!

Discussion in 'Software' started by mmurek, Feb 11, 2004.

1. mmurek

mmurek Private E-2

I am interested in making my first website, a simple site for my business. Any and all help would be apreciated. I am not computer iliterate but have never looked into this before. I am looking for any links to tutorials or software that would help out a newbie to web building.

Thanks.
    Mitch

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. man_im_bored

man_im_bored Private E-2

http://www.htmlgoodies.com

I HIGHLY recommend this site, explains everything very well so you understand!

If you want to do some "higher" stuff such as selling your products online, or creating a message board, you're gonna have to learn some more stuff after html. So when you've learnt HTML, let us know!

4. mmurek

mmurek Private E-2

Thanks for the help, both are great site. I have a lot of work to do!

Mitch

5. crazybelgium

crazybelgium Private E-2

My thanks, too, the w3schools site is great for me, as I am trying to learn more now that I know HTML.

6. Tcon

Tcon Private E-2

I use Dreamweaver MX I find this is about the best because it has a wysiwyg
    (What you see is what you get) it has an inbuilt tutorial..or you can grab a book from the library...Ive just started building my own personal web site but it is not up yet...Tcon

7. MikeeB

MikeeB Private E-2

8. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

webmonkey is closing down..

9. JavaScriptDude

JavaScriptDude Private E-2

I would sugest using Frontpage or Frontpage Express. In plain FP(FrontPage) you can edit code in the program, in express, what you SEE is what you get.

10. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

NOO!!! I love webmonkey! it rocks! I hope they dont delete everything... :(

Oh, and save yourself the headache afterwards, DONT use frontpage. When you've learnt HTML properly you'll look at your code and thing "WTF does this do??" and probably end up shouting many more profanities when you wanna change one line of text in a page and end up re-designing the whole page.

Myself, I use Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, because it doesnt make nearly as much crap as Front Page (but still a little) and has built in website management tools (like automatic FTP uploading or copying over a network etc.) and also supports php code highlighting.

11. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you know what I've found to be a nice FREE little tool.. WebMatrix (www.asp.net) Saved my arse this weekend, that's for sure.

12. JavaScriptDude

JavaScriptDude Private E-2

It is not "crap", I like it very much and ot is easy to use(I am talking about plain fp)
    I am only 12 and I can use it...

13. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Someone once told me... "If you plan to make a web page with any hope of that site prospering, never use front page".. he was right. :), Thanks Tim!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds