Flash Update for IE7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bartolo, May 27, 2008.

1. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

I am up to date with Flash on my main browser, Opera. However, when I run Secunia's PSI it tells me that I am back level Flash for IE7.

How do I go about updating Flash for IE7?

Thanks,
    Bartolo

2. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

I don't see where that Adobe page explains that the one download should apply to all browsers. It just states what Operating systems and browsers are supported.

I just updated Flash in Firefox from 9,0,115,0 to 9,0,124,0. That update was initiated by going to Adobe's site from Firefox. That did not update Flash in IE. I"ll have to repeat the procedure for IE. I've been through the same routine before to update Flash in both browsers.

I don't know whether the download from http://www.majorgeeks.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_d5163.html works any different; I've never tried it. But, I have to wonder how it could update both browsers simultaneously when the browsers have to be separately updated if updating via Adobe's site.

3. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

Thanks, Mark. I closed all browsers, updated Flash, and ran PSI and it still flagged Flash. This may be a Secunia issue or I may have to re-boot.

4. usafveteran

usafveteran MajorGeek

What has been your procedure in the past for updating Flash in both browsers?

5. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Which OS are you using as if XP ,make sure your logged on as admin and if Vista then run the uninstaller and the full flash installer as admin by right clicking their exe files and choose "run as administrator" as you will need eleveted admin premissions to alter/remove from Windows folder.

Which version of Secunia PSI as they have a Release version RC2 now?

But last time Flash plugin was flagged for me in PSI, I had to use the Adobe Flash uninstaller as old files are left from previous installs and may well be the cause fo the issues in PSI, then do as Mark said in closing all browsers and running the full installer ( it does all versions, the full installer log will list Opera and the Windows System32 folder for flash which is for IE )

If it still doesnt work with above then you may have to use the Flash uninstaller, then goto Windows > System32 > Macromed and delete the Flash folder ( as some foles especially an .ocx iis remaining and th eone thats flagged in PSI ), then install the full version as listed my mark, then visit this site and re-install the activeX from here

6. Bartolo

Bartolo Private E-2

Thanks everyone. Yes, I had to go to the Adobe site and download the uninstaller and run that. After, I had to delete an old Flash backup file that my Opera browser was holding.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds