Strange blank screen in middle of bootup

Discussion in 'Software' started by Vlad the Impaler, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Vlad the Impaler

Vlad the Impaler F.K.A. Immaculate

Strange problem. This does not happen but every once in a while. I will boot up or reboot, and will get to the XP Boot screen with the scrolling bar at the bottom, and then the screen will go blank. This is normal, but the screen only should go blank for a second, and then the Welcome Screen loads. However, in my case sometimes the screen just stays blank and I have to cut power and reboot. I have tried reformatting, and this fixed the problem for 3 months and it just happened again. I then turned off, and rebooted without problem. Anybody know why this happens at all? Any advice appreciated.. I have no clue...

I have a Dell 2.6
    GeForce ti 4600 128MB
    1 Gig Ram
    XP Pro SP1

2. BozUriel

BozUriel Private E-2

Do you have anything weird in your msconfig start up options?

Find out what practically everything is that's listed in your msconfig settings at sysinfo dot org.

Failing that, I'm not sure if XP has this feature but older ms os's do so why not try the old confirm everything at start up to see exactly what's doing what.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds