acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Software' started by soda, Mar 16, 2010.

1. soda

soda Private E-2

Hi everyone,
    I have an acer aspire one A0A-110 and it has linux on it. I want to reinstall xp on it. If I hook up an external cd player and boot xp from there is it the same procedure as a regular install. Will this mini pc work with a full operating system..if not what files do i take out...ect.

2. motc7

motc7 Vice Admiral (Starfleet)

It only has 1 GB of RAM which might make it a bit slow, but go for it I say.

3. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes should be fine with Windows XP (I have Windows 7 Home Premium working on a Samsung Netbook), may just need you to tweak a few of the services that are not needed, depending on if your putting XP Home or Pro on it. A nice guide HERE

Acer do have the drivers for your Aspire One AOA110 on their website, so your OK for drivers, they just dont allow a live link to the actual page of all the drivers, so go HERE and then click Netbook > Aspire One > AOA110 and the drivers will show as in the screenshot below, install the Chipset driver as thet first one and reboot as that will give you a good base to install the others from, depending on if your XP version os ≤ SP3 then you will need the UAA drivers installed before the Audio.

[​IMG]

If you have any speed issues after installing the OS and drivers so noting in Device Manager has a yellow ! mark and then just some core security applications, do post back before installing other software as its easier to trace the cause.

4. soda

soda Private E-2

thanks guys...I appreciate all your help...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds