Bumper sticker

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TimW, Sep 6, 2014.

1. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday. The owner was obviously a Republican. ( Had a Rush Limbaugh sticker as well ).

The sticker said: If guns cause crime, women cause prostitution.

I thought about running him off the road, but decided not to.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  2. psco2007

psco2007 Master Sergeant

Running him off the road would have put you in more hot water than it was worth.

A better solution - nice big middle finger.

3. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Don't care for the using women part. I like the one that says "If guns cause crime, then spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat".

A better comparison of inanimate objects vs crime. I don't recall ever being given the choice of what sex I was going to be born as.

Not to get HBT, but why run them off the road? Free Speech is Free Speech, whether you like it or not. ;)

No big deal, but a little stereo typing or profiling going on?
    Only republicans listen to Limbaugh? :-D

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Or a nice big middle finger while running him off the road.

5. hitest

hitest Staff Sergeant

I suspect mostly right of center voters listen and agree with Limbaugh. :)
    That driver is an idiot, TimW. I would have felt the same way as you did.

6. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

Reminds me of this:

Donno how true it is though. :-D

7. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

I have cleaned up this thread. There was no need for 3 moderators to moderate one thread and that was unfair to the person in question. This conversation, for those involved, is now over.

8. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

scripta manent

Maybe not so much - lol

Last edited: Sep 7, 2014
  9. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

Sorry Tim, but running someone off the road over a bumper sticker makes you the bad guy, not him.

10. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

To Tim's credit, he only thought about it. The 1A is often a double sided sword. :major

As a fan of the Constitution, I have to support other people using the 1A to say things I sure as heck don't like or agree with, but respect their right to say it.

11. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

lol...I'm pretty sure 1A has nothing to do with the common man, other than protecting the common man from being prosecuted by the law. No one is disputing the fact that he is lawfully allowed to spew his garbage and actually post it on his car.

I'm also pretty sure people are allowed to think about running someone off the road for being an ignorant dope.

I'm 100% sure someone who compares guns and killing to women and prostitution is an ignorant dope.

12. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Not trying to argue, but pretty sure the 1A was for the common man to speak, think, and act.

Now, when you act, you better know the laws...

The freedom of the press is essential to accurate news.

I must ask, where did killing enter the conversation?
    Not that I support the bumper sticker, but I do support accuracy. Important for a gun owner, that accuracy. :-D

13. LauraR

Which is exactly what I said. No one said the guy should be thrown in jail for putting that on his car.

And oops...you are right. I read it earlier and didn't go back to it so I will amend my statement to:

I'm 100% sure someone who compares guns and crime to women and prostitution is an ignorant dope.

14. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

And I would totally agree. ;)

15. LauraR

Ahhhhh....the joy of emotion...everyone has their own. :)

I'm pretty sure there aren't many here who could relate to my complete disgust and anger over people who lack common golf etiquette by holding up the whole golf course and not letting people play through.

I would guarantee you that every single one of us on here has very strong emotions both negative and positive that others can't even begin to understand why.

I have definitely seen bumper stickers that have made me want to get a marker and draw over them. It's typically one topic in particular that really really pisses me off. Do they have a right to put them on their car? Sure. Do I have the right to wish I could draw over them. Yep. I don't do it. Nor did Tim run the guy off the road. People put them on there cars because they feel strongly about whatever it is. It's only logical to think that others have the opposite reaction.

Personally, I don't get bumper stickers. I think they ruin cars and I'm not sure why anyone wants them on there. I also feel like they are kind of like randomly yelling your personal stuff outloud in public. Obviously people like them though. Our best friends are very much one side politically and have about 15 stickers to that effect on their one truck. It makes it look awful.

16. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Only if he acts upon it. There is not one person in this world who has not had dark thoughts at one time or another. Of course Tim didn't mean it, it was a light hearted comment to amuse, not be serious.

17. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Would it help if I tell you it was parked at Walmart??? :-D:-D

18. Spad

Spad MajorGeek

Well, now you tell us . . .

:p

19. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Now how the heck are you going to run a parked car off the road? :-D

20. DOA

DOA MG's Loki

My truck and snow plow can do that.

21. LauraR

If you didn't get any pictures for that 'People of Walmart' site....no.

:-D

22. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Wouldn't that be running it off the parking lot?:-D

And plus one for pictures.

23. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

24. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Private E-2

I noticed that this post is a few years old but in the spirit of searching the forums before posting it seemed to me that the subject of the post is still relevant.

Was riding behind someone in New Hampshire ( Live Free or Die state ) and read a bumper sticker that said:

" I didn't go to work today because the voices in my head told me to stay home and clean my guns "

25. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

OMG, must be my long lost Uncle... ;)

Imandy Mann likes this.
  26. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

During the eighties bumper stickers were all the rage in South Africa. Nowadays you don't see them.

Here's one for LauraR.
    "Work is for people who don't know how to play golf"

Gensuknives and LauraR like this.
  27. LauraR

Which begs the question... what does it mean when you play golf and then go back to work? :D

I have to say that other than Eat Fresh Buy Local stickers and college decals I reall don't see many here

28. Imandy Mann

Imandy Mann MajorGeekolicious

Making money to go play more golf!

29. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Private E-2

Was it a dream that I saw one that said : " Eat FLESH, Lurk Local "? Brings a whole new meaning to " bite me "....ya gotta be careful these days who you say that to! ;-)

30. Gensuknives

Gensuknives Grand pooty-meister

EXACTLY why I worked so hard so I could RETIRE and play more golf!! Thank God I've been able to live long enough to beat my age by 8 strokes once last month!
    Golf heals all wounds (after opening up a bunch of OLD ones). What a wonderful disease.

LauraR likes this.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds