Controller problems for TR

Discussion in 'Software' started by LadyLaraCroft, Jul 9, 2003.

1. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

i just got TR and installed it today. before i got the game (PC version) i bought a controller for the PC. i set the controls up and when i played the game, she would continually turn to the left, even when i wasn't even pressing any buttons. this has actually happened before...i installed this old game that i had never used so i could try out my new controller. in that game, i wouldn't press any buttons and the person would continually step back. i ignored it b/c it's old and thought it might just be the game itself.

it's driving me crazy...i've uninstalled it then installed it again, and it does the same thing. is it the controller, or am i just not setting the controls up right?? i put them on default...:(

2. ICeMaN

ICeMaN Master Sergeant

Hiya's LLC :D

First thing you gotta do after you install the software is calibrate the controller. To do this, go into your Control Panel, and double click Game Options or Controllers, depending on what version of Windows you've got. There should be a Calibrate button you can click there, and just follow the instructions from there. Basically what this does is set's the computers interpretation of the controller's range of motion on the analog and determines which button is pushed when.

Good luck :D

3. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

hey iceman:D

i went to calibrate and noticed something that was odd. when i move the motion pad (i'm not sure what it's called, but you use it to move the person around) it wouldn't stay in a certain spot. for ex, the little cross was in the center. i press down on the left side, it went to the left side. but when i released the button, it would go back to the center. is that ok, or should it stay? another strange thing happened too. after i finished installing thw game, it says to restart and everything so i tried to, and the pc wouldn't restart or shut down. wtf?!:(

4. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

AHAH!! the game worked perfectly. thanks so much iceman!!! *big hugs* but when i go to start then turn off computer then restart (or even shut down) it won't work

5. lesrae

lesrae Private E-2

LLC - the controller's meant to return to the centre (called self-centering) - so nothing wrong there.

No idea about the restart problem I'm afraid, have to leave that for someone with more brains.

6. Cashy

Cashy Private First Class

Maybe you have something in the back ground still going.
    Just leave it for a little while, and see what it does.

7. LadyLaraCroft

LadyLaraCroft elfette

thanks everyone for your help. the game is awesome:D

won't restart but i'll keep trying..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds