MG.com, The Weather

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bugballou, May 9, 2007.

1. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

This site gets better every time I visit it, am still learning all the ins and outs of posting, messages, quick links, and so much I haven't even touched on yet, something for everyone
    Down here in Central Florida we have lots of smoke, the animals are sure acting strangely, the moon was a red-orange this morning. The folks in the ER will probably be busy today, as any one with respiratory problems will be having fits. We sure need some rain...
    :dancer<--- rain dance rolleyes
    Bug

2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

We're getting plenty here. Thunderstorms on their way again.Now I see why.
    That's a Pottawattami Indian Rain Dance. They are native to Michigan.:p

3. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

We're moving towards Winter down here but days still pretty warm. How come you're complaining of "smoke" are there fires down there or just smog?

4. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Move to Engalnd, were never short of a raincloud or two!

5. legalsuit

legalsuit Legal Eagle

LOL I've been lucky each time I've been there to have fabulous weather...your late Autumns' mainly.;)

6. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Weather is funky of late.. thats for sure.

I blame thermohaline circulation and a population rise, too many bodies warming up the place!

Halo's theory, put 10 people in a non aircon room, does it heat up with body temp? YES, now think we global population is hitting in 2007 ( not counting animals or the continuing population rise ) 6.5 billion*, in 1965*¹ it was 3.33 billion .... Mmmmm makes you think nearly double the population from 42yrs ago, warm body heat got to go somewheres?

I know the arguments on industrialization, CFCs, Volcanos and other natural events, but have scientists overlooked this potential hightened cause for global warming..... a theory but plausable? YES/NO

* Figure from UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
    *¹ Closest to my birth year

7. Wayne82

Wayne82 Sergeant Major

Good theory Halo, im not sure whether I agree or not. But it sounds quite plausable Yes.

;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds