Disable Trust Centre Settings?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grumbles, May 5, 2010.

1. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Got a hold of an external floppy drive c/w USB and CD software. Plugged it in and all working fine :) I have work on the floppy in word saved and i wanted to copy it into my desktop here, Word 2007.
    Tick,click,tick all was looking good then a message appeared that I would have to disable the Trust Centre Settings to allow the word 2003 document to open in 2007?

If you open word, click Word icon in top left corner and near the bottom of the drop down menu, click options - then Trust Centre :) It is a registry change I think. Any ideas?

Basically I want to transfer the contents of the floppy to Word 2007.

Thanks

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

3. Grumbles

Grumbles Bamboozled Geek

Sorted :)
    I downloaded SP1 compatibility for Office 2007 as Halo suggested then after reading Microsoft webpages for a few hours ;) I have managed to access the information.
    This is how to do it in less time:
    Copy data from floppy drive to My Documents

Open Office 2007 - click top left Office Icon
    Word Options - Trust Centre - Trust Centre Settings
    Trusted Locations - Add New Locations
    Browse to My Documents (and file name you used)
    OK

Restart Office 2007 and your documents will appear :)

Thanks Halo

G
    :)

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi G

Cheers for the great explanation on what you did, will definatly help others with same issue, cheers mate :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds