Yellow Warning Signs on Non-Plug and Play Drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by mfozaydin, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mfozaydin

mfozaydin Private E-2

Dear Major Geeks,

I have noticed two yellow warning signs in Device Manager under Non-Plug and Play Drivers. One is next to LogMeIn Kernel Information Provider and the other one is next Scutum50 NDIS Protocol Driver. I know I uninstalled LogMeIn a while ago but I am not sure what the other one belonged to. I was told that they are not malware but left overs from previously uninstalled programs. Could you help me get rid of them from my system.

My motherboard info log is attached and I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 Laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition, service pack 3.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    Download the latest Broadcom ethernet driver to resolve the "Scutum50 NDIS Protocol Driver issue from here.....

http://search.dell.com/searchcom_re...en&redpe=e9b54056-8859-cf8e-1457-204087252c9f

Follow these instructions on how to install the driver correctly.....

Hard Drive Installation (via WinZip) with Setup.exe File for R149798.EXE

Download

1.Click Download Now, to download the file.
    2.When the File Download window appears, click Save (Windows XP
    users will click Save) this program to disk and click OK. The Save In:
    window appears.
    3.From the Save In: field, click the down arrow then click to
    select Desktop and click Save. The file will download to your desktop.
    4.If the Download Complete window appears, click Close. The file
    icon appears on your desktop.

Install

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R149798.EXE.
    2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
    unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R149798. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
    Setup.exe) file can be found later.
    3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
    4.Click OK.
    5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
    window is still open, close it.
    6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
    7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\R149798 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
    8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

To resolve the other issue with the logmein .... rightclick it and select uninstall.

3. mfozaydin

mfozaydin Private E-2

Hi Iain,

First, I thank you for the response. I did download and install the R149798 driver but the yellow sign is still there. Regarding the LogMeIn driver, I just uninstalled it as you said.

Thanks.

4. ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft Private E-2

Related to Scutum50.sys PCAUSA NDIS 5.0 SPR Protocol Driver from Printing Communications Assoc., Inc

Related link: http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/ndistools.htm

Perhaps, you could try uninstalling these listings from the Device Manager (select, right-click, uninstall)?

By the looks of it, they aren't currently in use.

5. mfozaydin

mfozaydin Private E-2

I can certainly uninstall the Scutum50 NDIS Protocol Driver but I wasn't sure what program this driver belonged to. I know I uninstalled LogMeIn a while ago but I don't recognize Scutum50.

Do you have any idea about what program Scutum50 driver belongs to?

Thanks.

6. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

It could be associated to .... as i thought .... your ethernet driver, but it was pointed out by ReviverSoft it may well be a left over from an old printer that you had installed, then uninstalled but it left some residual left overs.
    I would suggest creating a new restore point ...

To set up a restore point, follow these steps:
    1.Close any programs that are open.

2.Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. The System Restore Wizard opens.

3.Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.

4.In Restore point description box, type a description for the restore point. Use a description that is easy to understand. If you are creating a restore point before you install specific software or hardware, you could use that information in the description.

Note The date and time are automatically added to your restore point. Therefore, you do not have to use them in your description.

5.Do one of the following:◦To finish creating this restore point, click the Create button. The System Restore Wizard notifies you when the restore point is created.
    ◦To stop creating a restore point and to return to the Welcome to System Restore page, click the Back button.
    ◦To stop creating a restore point and to exit the System Restore Wizard, click the Cancel button.

6.When you are finished, click the Close button.
    Congratulations! You have successfully created a restore point, and you are finished.

Then delete the reference from your device manager, if your computer is working as it normally does , all is fine you need not take any more action, but if things aren't running as they should be ,simply roll your machine back to the new restore point.

7. mfozaydin

mfozaydin Private E-2

Thanks to both of you.I just uninstalled it and no need to restore.

Best Regards.

8. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Thanks for the feedback, anymore issues create a new thread in the relevent section of the forum and some one will try to assist again.

good luck and thanks again for the feedback!!!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds