multimedia audio controller

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ou812, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ou812

ou812 Private E-2

i reformatted my computer with xp pro and did not have my speaker connection in to the computer when i loaded xp pro, so i plugged in the speakers and it said it found new hardware but it wont work unless i have a driver, i have never had a driver for the speakers and xp wont find a driver for it ,and i checked my connection to the computer and it is good any ideas? thanx

2. Coco

Coco Sergeant Major

You don't need a driver for the speakers. You need a driver for the sound card. WHich is either going to be on the cd the sound card came with. Or if it's onboard sound then it will be on the cd the motherboard came with.

Or if it's a packaged computer like dell/compact then it will be on one of the annoying CD's they packaged with it.

Alternativly if you lookup the name of your sound card you can download the driver from the internet.

3. ou812

ou812 Private E-2

Thanx Coco, it was onboard and pulled the motherboard cd with drivers and wala it worked thanx man, and sorry mods i posted this in the wrong forum.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds