Java Inatall Issues

Discussion in 'Software' started by Happynanny, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Happynanny

Happynanny Private E-2

Hi, I need to reinstall java,however, windows installer is corrupt and messed the path. So i cant uninstall the old version or install the new one. plus i cant seem t fix the installer either. please does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Happynanny

Happynanny Private E-2

Re: Windows Installer Issues

I have tried restore, Ive tried to update, sfc scannow,installer clean up, Ive even talked with microsoft support all to no avail. I would reinstall windows 7 but i do not have the dvd.

3. pwillener

pwillener MajorGeek

Re: Windows Installer Issues

What is the startup type of the Windows Installer service? It should be set to 'Manual'.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi What is the exact error message you get when installing Java? do you get an error code and if so what is it?

Is your Windows 7 32bit or 64bit?
    In some issues with the Windows installer you can run the following via a CMD prompt from admin,

Start with typing: msiexec /unreg hit enter and then type the below and hit enter
    msiexec /regserver

But do give us any error messages you get when installing softeware

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds