Toobar missing (again)

Discussion in 'Software' started by Skysarge, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Win XP/Mozilla Firefox
    Where oh where can my toolbar be?

2. plastidust

plastidust Command Sergeant Major

Which toolbar would that be Skysarge? And what version of Firefox? I can't keep up with the numbers anymore.:-o

3. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Which Firefox? ver 31.0
    Which toolbar? Not sure - Firefox or XP. Never knew what it was other than a toolbar at the top of page, which ain't there now:-o

4. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

Is this what you need? If so right click on the topmost part of Firefox.

Attached Files:

5. Skysarge

Skysarge First Sergeant

Got it, Tnx

6. FtMindr

FtMindr Private E-2

Likewise, I've been flummoxed almost every time I update Firefox. Why do they do that to us. While change is not necessarily a bad thing, I feel they should by default have things like the menu bar and bookmarks toolbar displayed so that users can at least easily feel familiar with the interface and not be wasting time searching around trying to discover how to display such often used items. I guess the "clean and lean" look is the current trend for browsers. Doesn't seem to matter that users have trouble finding their way around.

7. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

The same is true for the "newer" versions of IE. You have to click an open area of the Title bar and select Menu bar. But, with FF, I selected Menu bar (I believe) in version 29, and every version since then I've chosen "Upgrade" and the Menu bar has remained. I'm currently at version 32.0.1. If I've had to do a "clean install" of FF, then, I've had to select Menu bar from the right click.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds