Keyboard mapping problem in virtual machine (VM Ware) mode

Discussion in 'Software' started by mikjall, Sep 10, 2008.

1. mikjall

mikjall Private E-2

I am taking an Oracle class where we use VM Ware to connect to our Oracle program and database (because of the amount of RAM Oracle uses). When I initially log on to VM Ware and enter my user name and password, I have no problems with my keystrokes. Once I get to my Oracle program, I have to enter a another name/password sequence to get to my database. When I type my user name that is suppose to be system, it comes out as syste0 (the m types as a zero). When we run this at school, I have no problems connecting to the various programs and/or databases (including VM Ware).

I have tried using this with Internet Explorer 7 and 8 and also Firefox 2 and 3. I am also running XP Pro SP3 on my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop. I should also mention that once I get through the initial VM Ware logon, Oracle is setup on Windows Server 2003.

Any questions or if you need further information, please let me know.

Thanks for your help.

2. mikjall

mikjall Private E-2

I found out that the problem is with VMware. It toggles the Number Lock on so when you try typing, you get your numbers instead of letters.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds