Laptop keeps crashing, monitor shows static

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lorec, Jan 6, 2008.

1. lorec

lorec Private E-2

I think I posted this in the right place..

But around 6 months ago, I accidentally dropped soda on my laptop keyboard, frying my motherboard. I had to get my motherboard replaced, and everything seemed to work fine; but every now and again (every 2 hours? temperature related) my laptop crashes and do you know when you turn on television that's not connected to anything? The static image that shows? That's what happens.

I think it's a problem with my graphics card but I'm not so sure. The monitor freezes, or instantly cuts out showing the static. I know it isn't a driver issue, but what's going on?

I'm just fed up with this, I've been dealing with this laptop for 6 months with these constant crashes, can anyone help?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds