hp pavillion g7 3f0 no boot problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by lperales1, Apr 30, 2015.

1. lperales1

lperales1 Private E-2

so got a hp pavillion g7, whenever turning it on i get the 3f0 error, no bootable disk install operating system blah blah.

i tried to reboot from usb with windows 7 but im getting there is no disk for the operating system to be loaded to

i mean its never been dropped or abused or anything do you think it is the motherboard or the connection to the hard drive or the actual hard drive. im seeing a lot of differen stuff on google

also i cant run a hard drive test it doesnt reconize there is any hard drive, but it passes the memory test, also can maybe someone link me to where i can get this hard drive

2. mdonah

mdonah Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, Iperales1. Welcome to Major Geeks. :)

Did you purchase the laptop without a hard drive? If so, 2.5" SATA hard drives are available at places like ebay, Amazon, CDW, BestBuy, etc. I believe the laptop supports up to a 640 GB hard drive.

3. the mekanic

the mekanic Major Mekanical Geek

In the stupid question I have to ask category:

Does this machine physically have a hard drive installed in it?

Is the hard drive properly installed?

Was it POSTing and loading an OS before the current issue?

Have you tried booting a Windows 7 via DVD?

4. lperales1

lperales1 Private E-2

yes there is a hard drive and yes it is connected,
    don't have a disk as this computer didn
    t come with one. did use a bootable usb

and yes it did work before this lol

5. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds