wscript.exe question

Discussion in 'Software' started by roddinron, Apr 28, 2006.

1. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

I just upgraded to firefox 1.5.0.2 but my old spell checker, spellbound, wasn't supported, so I DL a new one called Aspell, and a english dictionary, but when I try to use it I get "windows scripting host is required" I need wscript.exe, but in doing a google I find that there is a virus called WScript.exe but I also see that some people feel that wscript is spyware, confusing. Any way, is there a spelling checker that doesn't require this, since I didn't have it with spellbound, and it worked great. Or should I install wscript, and if so where do I get it? :confused:
    PS
    sorry if I misspelled anything, but----MY SPELL CHECKER DOESN'T WORK! lol

2. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

Surely I'm not the only firefox 1.5.0.2 who is spelling impaired?:confused:

3. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

http://www.wikihow.com/Install-a-Spell-Checker-Into-Newer-Versions-of-Firefox

How to Install a Spell Checker Into Newer Versions of Firefox
    It's often frustrating to guess at the spelling of words. Most of us have used "How to Install a Spell Checker Into Firefox" to solve this problem. But now a new issue arised. How do we install a spell checker into Firefox 1.5?

Steps
    _________________________________AND:
    An easier way of getting spell checking functionality is to install Google Toolbar for Firefox. (This is not the same as Googlebar!) Click on Download Google Toolbar and then Agree and Install. If you see a yellow bar after you click Agree and Install, click on the link under the install button, or refer to steps 3-5. However, Google Toolbar has a known bug which causes a blank bar to appear above all other toolbars if you hibernate or use the Fast User Switching function in Windows XP.

4. Mada_Milty

Mada_Milty MajorGeek

wscript.exe is a code handler for windows. It interprets VBScript and JScript code. It allows you to program in windows. It gives you complete control over the filesystem, network resources, COM compliant software (like internet explorer, and the MS office suite). For this reason, it is often used as a virus; it can do alot of damage. For the same reason, it is an immensely powerful tool.

You should not need to install it, as it has come with every version of windows since 95. However, you can download it from www.microsoft.com.

5. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

thanks guys, Toni_1947 when I co to the spellbound development link and click on install spellbound dev, nothing happens.

6. roddinron

roddinron Corporal

Please disregard my last post, I just had to allow it to install from that site. I installed, and it seems to be working fine. (I just used it here and found that I misspelled disregard) (damn, I just misspelled misspelled!) Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. This one works better than the old one since it underlines misspelled words as you type. Another problem solved through MGs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds