AVG update failed What do I do?

Discussion in 'Software' started by beckylousiana, Mar 2, 2010.

1. beckylousiana

beckylousiana Private E-2

I have had issues with PCTools Free version shutting down, error code 102, so I uninstalled, and decided to try AVG Free version 9.0.730.
    After installing, it informs me that Updates are necessary. But it freezes and gives me the message below:

The connection with update server has failed. Please follow these steps:
    Make sure your Internet connection is active, please try to open the free.avg.com website
    Try to run the update later or schedule an automatic update for another time.
    Make sure the connection parameters are set properly.

Try to find a possible solution in the FAQ section

None of these solutions have helped me.

Seems strange that I had problems with PCTools, and now with AVG Anti-virus. All after being cleared for Malware... :(

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Go to the free forum
    http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum?sec=theme&act=show&id=161
    and they will probably ask you to post some update logs. They should be able to tell from that, what the problem is.
    Be sure when you post there to list what version of windows (with service packs you are running), the version of AVG and the error message that you posted here.

3. beckylousiana

beckylousiana Private E-2

I tried it this morning, and it worked!!! Wish I knew why. Thanx!! How do we "Close" threads when we are through, or do we just leave them open?

4. collinsl

collinsl MajorGeek

As a rule threads will be left open, although if you want them closed just leave a post in the thread asking for it to be closed.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds