Assassin's Creed Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Manwhoknowsnothing, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Manwhoknowsnothing

Manwhoknowsnothing Private E-2

Greetings illustrious member! It appears my ignorant self has yet another problem that needs your assistance. Friday I purchased for myself the critically acclaimed "Assassin's Creed." Eager to jump from rooftops and slit badguy's throats I installed it immediately upon reaching home. However, there is a problem with it, and I think it may stem from my slightly faulty on-board sound card. About half way through the beginning tutorial I noticed the voice started skipping and slowing down, and so did game itself. In fact, there were many times in Damascus where the game would flat-out freeze, crashing my computer. After a few unwanted crashes I scanned my computer for viruses with bit-defender, there was a single Trojan which I had removed. I then restarted my computer and low and behold! My game was still being a douche. "Something must have went wrong during installation" I thought to myself. So then, after uninstalling, reinstalling and restarting, it still was a lallygagging little douche. Finally I thought to myself "Perhaps it is the save game file itself!" needless to say, I was wrong. I thought perhaps I was simply unfortunate enough to get a scratched copy, but the bottom of the DVD looks pretty pristine. In fact, I have a "Crysis" DVD that looks like someone sanded it with a grinder and it still installs and runs like a charm, and yes I did try running "Crysis" since I purchased "Assassin's Creed" and it doesn't have any problem beyond the fact that it's simply "Crysis." The reason why I think it may have something to do with my slightly-faulty on-board sound card is due to the fact that I have been experiencing some problems with it for a good while now. Every now and then while on You tube the audio will slow-down and skip, in fact this very thing happened to me this morning. Could that be why "Assassin's Creed" runs so slowly? Could it be that in an attempt to sync the many simultaneous audio files running on "Assassin's Creed" (I.E. the hundreds of people all speaking to each other coupled with the ambient noise) with the graphical occurrences my soundcard overloads or something? I am very exasperated and just would like to simply slit and few Templar soldier throats so if somebody could help me out with this problem ASAP I will give them brownie points or something.

P.S. I have updated my graphics card and audio drivers to their latest versions and I surpass all recommended equipment to run aforementioned game, I also have XP if that happens to be a factor.

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

As you found a trojan, even if that one was removed, there maybe other lurking that "could" cause your PC to slow, so I would get your PC checked ut fully using the below info

It could also be a heat issue, so what are the temps of your PCs CPU. Mobo and GPU if possible, can use this HERE to find those.

Disable all of your startups including your security applications to see if one of those is causing this, use msconfig and the startup tab to untick all startups to test this option.

If you have crashes then what are the error messages in full?

Your XP what service pack is it at?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds