HP DV2000 (2315nr) help!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Djguzeltonka, May 7, 2011.

1. Djguzeltonka

Djguzeltonka Private E-2

How are you doing guys??
    I got an oldie problem on hand here. I got a dv2315nr from HP with the infamous black screen. Here is the story as short as I can describe it to you.

A friend gave me the laptop because he said it was dead. I thought cool I got me a laptop. Screen was shot and the motherboard didn't run. It came with no battery or charger. So since I have bought official battery and charger for it. Screen doesn't come on. But the battery charged.
    Then I purchased a new screen with a new power inverter. Still no LCD light up. So then I did research and found out about the reflow VGA and the problem with the overheat. I did not know if this was the problem or not. So I just decided to get another MB that worked. So I replace it and the newer MB came with it's own bios backup. Still get a dead screen but this time the lights on the keyboard turn on and wireless turns on orange. So then I also researched that maybe the computer thinks it's on standby(closed laptop) so I remove the wire that controls the sleep mode. Still have a black screen.

So guys this is where I'm stuck. I know you guys must think why fix a two year old computer. But this computer is in really decent shape. So I figured y not? I have only spent so far is $125 on the laptop. But the laptop is not responsive. My next move is to get a new hard drive and order the recovery cd from HP. Costing me about another $50.
    My question is guys. Should I continue with the hard drive replacement and recovery cd or just give it up???
    all suggestions are appreciated....
    Thanks for your time guys.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds