Emachines EM350 BIOS reset

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by 3headed monkey, Jan 5, 2013.

1. 3headed monkey

3headed monkey Private E-2

Hi all, I have an emachines E350 netbook and need to reset the BIOS, have had to reinstall Windows using another machine, it's not booting from the HD and there is a password on the BIOS.

Anyone know the easiest way to remove the password/reset the BIOS on this one? It looks like battery is soldered to the board and I can't see any jumpers or likely solder points to short.

Many thanks.

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

Attached Files:

3. 3headed monkey

thanks, Happy New Year to you too, i had seen this somewhere I think, the EM350 looks to be different to the EM250 though, there are no solder points to short under either the wireless card or the RAM.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  4. falconattack

5. 3headed monkey

it's a NAV51, thanks

6. 3headed monkey

I just managed to crack this one, found the solder points (marked CMOS, lol) under the RAM cover and up a bit, shorted them with a screwdriver while booting and it worked first time.

7. falconattack

I am glad it sorted out my friend :tas

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds